NETA Accredited Company Membership Overview
What is a NETA Accredited Company?
NETA Accredited Company (NAC) membership is tailored for third-party, independent firms involved in full-service testing, analysis, and maintenance of electrical power systems. This includes low-, medium-, and high-voltage distribution, substation, and generation equipment. About the Two-fold Accreditation Process NETA maintains a two-fold accreditation process that certifies the company and its individual technicians to assure consumers of both the qualifications of the company as well as the credentials of the individual technician. Following accreditation, the qualifications of each NETA Accredited Company and its technicians are reviewed on a regular basis.
Why Become a NETA Accredited Company?
NETA Accredited Companies best support the interest of the owner, as the objectivity and competency of the testing firm is as important as the competency of the individual technician. NETA Companies are part of an independent, third-party electrical testing association dedicated to setting world standards in electrical maintenance and acceptance testing.
Hiring a NETA Accredited Company assures the customer that:
- The NETA Technician has broad-base knowledge--this person is trained to inspect, test, maintain, and calibrate all types of electrical equipment in all types of industries
- NETA Technicians meet stringent educational and experience requirements in accordance with ANSI/NETA ETT Standard for Certification of Electrical Testing Technicians A Registered Professional Engineer will review all engineering reports
- All tests will be performed objectively, according to NETA specifications, using calibrated instruments traceable to the National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) The firm is a well-established, full-service electrical testing and maintenance business
NETA Accredited Companies enjoy many benefits, including:
- Participation in standards developing activities
- Access to technical networking and safety guidelines
- Discounts on standards and industry publications
- Discounts to PowerTest, NETA's annual technical conference
Access to many promotional programs, including:
- Use of the industry-respected NETA logo in highly visible locations, including your company website and in bid documents
- A full-color brochure highlighting the benefits of NETA, NETA Accreditation, and the assurance that comes with hiring an NAC
- Complimentary company listings on both netaworld.org and in each issue of NETA World
- Exposure in press releases and postcards issued by the NETA office to thousands of power systems professionals, including potential clients
- Industry job leads from inquiries received by the NETA office
- Recognition in numerous industry publications through articles written by members of NACs
- Opportunity to take part in the NETA Gift Affiliate program - an excellent chance to further build upon your professional client relationships